Monday, January 28, 2008

Lemon Meringue Madness!





Good morning fellow bakers.



This challenge was awesome. I loved it. (My husband really really loved it.)



I did change the pie crust to the one i always make. I feel like i cheated but at the same time, if it is not broke... dont fix it.



I did this challenge early in the month just like i said i would and then i made another mistake. I didnt take the time to blog about it till the last day so now i am relying on the pictures to make sure i remember what i did and what i didnt like about the recipe/challenge.



I would like to start off by saying that making the pie from scratch went better than out of a box. I can never seem to get the sherrif pie filling to set up and this one did so beautifully.



I made the pie crust and baked it with my beads on top. (First time i have gotten to use them since i bought them.) And the crust shrank really badly. So while it looks perfect when i first made it.. by the time it came out of the oven it was not so pretty anymore.





The pie filling was easy for me to make. The first three ingrediants cooked up just like my husband's favortie pie (angel food pie) and then i added the hot to the yolk and then everything back into the pot. Once it started boiling i added the rest of the lemon and other ingrediants. It smelled heavenly and i couldnt get the fingers out of the pudding. Both the husband and the daughter had spoons on the ready for when my back was turned.






The meriangue went like a dream and for once i didnt burn it.



(With my gas broiler the first lemon meriangue pie i made in it.. i managed to burn the meriangue off of it 3 times before i got it only slightly singed! lol)







The part i didnt like about the pie was that after i cut into it the lemon started to seperate out of the pie and by the next morning there was a lake in the bottom of the pie plate. I found the recipe too tart but both husband, daughter and friends all said that if i changed it i would not live very long. It has been added to my collection and i will definately make this over and over again.



Thank you



Sandra


19 comments:

... said...

Great job. Looks great!
Iisha

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem from keeping my tasting spoon away from the lemon filling before it made it to the tart. :-) Shrinkage or not, your tart is just lovely!

Deborah said...

Wonderful job! It looks great!

T’s Treats said...

WOot for A wonderful lookin pie!! Great Job!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a great-looking pie!

Carla said...

Great looking pie!

Mary said...

Great looking pie! I think the tasting of the filling was one of the best parts!

Princess of the kitchen said...

Perfectly set lemon curd. Well done!

Big Boys Oven said...

executed so well! congrats!

eatme_delicious said...

Sorry to hear about the lake in your pie plate the next day but it looks great!

creampuff said...

Great pie!

Lunch Buckets said...

Nice pie, sounds like your family agrees :)

breadchick said...

Good job on this month's challenge. I liked the recipe too.

Unknown said...

My crust bubbled up...such are the joys of making a crust from scratch, you never know how it's going to turn out! Great looking pie!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks lovely!

Jen Yu said...

Oh, that looks terrific - nice and tall!! Great job regardless of the crust shrinkage :)

Restaurant Brugge said...

yammiii looking very good

information technology said...

good post

property in jaipur said...

i like it